Magical Miniatures

If you love all things magical and miniature you are in the right place.

About me and my blog

I am a mother of three and work on a market stall. In my free time I love to make magical miniatures. It all started with my gran who spent hours when I was a child teaching me how to make do. This entailed mending and fixing and making things from scratch. My dolls house consisted of cardboard boxes with windows cut out, beautifully decorated and all furniture hand made. We sat for hours making clothes and accessories for my dolls to the envy of my friends that all had the same generic stuff. So thanks gran for the inspiration. I hope you enjoy my art and my blog. Thanks for visiting.

Thursday 30 May 2013

Scenic water in my sink

After deliberating on how best to make solid water I decided to buy it! I tracked this tub of  Scenic water down and at £16.50 a tub it's not cheep but it will do loads of features.
I took out the amount needed and put it in a small glass jar witch I then put in a cup of boiling water, replacing it as it cooled until the jelly like substance melted. About ten minuets.
Then poured  it into my sink. It was touch and go as my sink is thick card. I thought it may have sagged but it didn't. Throwing in some pots and pan I left it to set.
I dripped some of the remaining scenic water on the bottom of a pan and it,s lid and on the draining board. It's not quiet set yet so it's being left for now but tomorrow i'll do the doors and draws etc.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment